A personal, spiritual, and career development program for the youth.
The first ever Accelerate program begins on Sunday, February 3rd, 2019 and we are excited to work with the brilliant youth in our community.
When: Every Sunday, starting February 3rd; 11 AM – 3 PM
Where: UIA Center: 2-2570 Haines Road, Mississauga, L4Y 4A3
Age group: grades 9-12
Through this 4-month program, youth will be exposed to hard skills, soft skills, hands-on training and Islamic knowledge. The valuable information and experience you gain through this program will help you succeed in finding jobs while at the same time maintaining your Muslim identity. You can also fulfill your high school community service hours requirement through this program.
- Tech skills such as managing/ presenting data, researching, and scheduling
- Communication skills such as communicating clearly, problem-solving, resolving conflicts, adapting to various personalities, and copy writing
- Leadership skills such as mindfully managing time, goal setting, taking ownership, decision-making, managing projects/ events, instilling confidence, and thinking critically
- Islamic knowledge on relevant topics; by the end of the program, you would have completed an overview of the entire Quran
- Job search skills such as writing a powerful resume, preparing for interviews, networking, and effectively using LinkedIn
- Career guidance through workshops with various Muslim professionals such as doctors, lawyers, and engineers
- Hands-on experience to start applying and developing the new skills you’ve learnt