Mixed Martial Arts Class for Girls/Women and Boys/Men
UIA, in collaboration with United Muslim Martial Arts (UMMA), is bringing Mixed Martial Art classes for boys and girls of all ages over 6 years, as well as adults, starting Sunday, March 19th at UIA.
UMMA gives students a clear and easily definable structure as well as a set of requirements for training based on Islamic principles of character development, cooperative learning and brotherhood/sisterhood.
The skills that UMMA Martial Arts students study, learn, acquire and practice on a regular basis, result in improved knowledge, self-confidence, discipline, leadership, general thinking skills, enhanced concentration, coordination, equilibrium, adeb (manners & etiquette) as well as character (akhlaq).
The Sisters program is designed with a goal to empower women to learn martial arts. Some of the unique features of this program are;
- Female Instructor for the Sisters class
- Increased physical conditioning through regular training
- Self defense skills through situation based scenarios
- Resolving external and internal conflict
- Stress Reduction
- Self Realization
- Self Perception
Start date: March 19th, 2017
Time: Every Sunday, 12:00 - 1:30 PM
Where: UIA Centre - 2570 Haines Road, Unit 2, Mississauga ON, L4Y 4A3
Ages: 6 years to adult (Separate classes for girls/women and boys/men)
Registration: Register NOW!
- $45 per person per month.
- For 3 or more members of the same family; fees is $40 per person per month.
- One Time Registration fee: $75 (includes Registration and Uniform is payable in three monthly payments of $25 each).