TITLE: Program Manager- Permanent Part-Time
DIVISION: Understanding Islam Academy (UIA)
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, DawaNet
HOURS OF WORK: 25 hours per week
LOCATION: Mississauga, ON
The UIA Program Manager is responsible for planning and managing the execution of all UIA events including Saturday evening program, Sunday workshops –parenting/skill development, youth events, children events, seminars and conferences.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate with DawaNet core team members to plan and execute UIA events (eg. Saturday evening program, Sunday workshops –parenting/skill development, youth events, children events, seminars and conferences).
- Contact speakers and assist in finalizing program schedule for events.
- Take on lead role in marketing events and programs via online marketing tools (mailing list, social media, torontomuslims.com etc.), communicate with designers for flyer design, contact Masjids for Jumua announcments, and lead person-to-person marketing initiatves (e.g. Flyer distribution at Friday prayers, community events etc.)
- Develop and manage a documentation process for all stages of event planning cycle.
- Recruit, lead, and supervise volunteers to run programs/events.
- Network and collaborate with other community organizations for potential event partnerships, e.g. MSA’s, Masjids, Islamic Schools etc.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Emcee at events as needed.
- Setup lecture room and dinner room for Saturday evening program and help with post event cleanup.
- University/College degree in related field.
- 1-2 years experience working in event management in any community based organization
- A team player with effective problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both through verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Very good computer skills and familiarity with Google Drive and social media sites.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings when required.
To learn more about UIA please visit www.UIA.ca